...MTV in the USA?
I’ve noticed that the local MTV channel is flooded with reality TV instead of real music! And sadly, when there ever is a music video, it’s either rap or hip hop. What’s the deal with that? MTV Asia is really what MTV should be about…Music Videos. After all, doesn’t MTV stand for Music TeleVision?
Turn on the channel and all I see is Laguna Beach, Real World, blah blah. Where did all the music go? There’s enough reality TV already on the Style Network, Fox and VH1. When I switch on MTV I want to see music videos! It was what made MTV really stand out from the other channels. Sad to say, the trend of whetting America’s appetite of reality shows has conquered music television.
Okay, so they wanted to make up for it by coming up with MTV2, which is more music oriented. But really, the artists there are virtually unknown. Most of them haven’t even broken through to the mainstream airwaves. Come on, if you have to have a separate award for MTV2 during the MTV Music Awards, you know that the artists there aren’t exactly from the same basket. Apples vs. Limes?
My conclusion?
Asia: 1, USA: 0!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home