...The Toilets in Northwood?
I absolutely love the space that I'm getting now, but there's this one nagging problem that I face every single day....yup, and that's the toilet bowl flush system.
Normal flush systems pump the water from under the rim of the bowl down to the bottom and push all the crud into the sewage pipes. The clean water rushes in to replace the old stuff. Everything is fast, clean and efficient.
Sadly, this is not the case with mine.The flush system in my apartment actually has the clean water come UP from the bottom of the bowl. So when flushing, this stream of clean water pushes UP all the crap and raises the water level up to 1 inch below the rim, before the sewage pipes open to suck up the mess. As a result, the remaining water is actually a mix of the old and the new. And yes, I would still have “fish” in my “pond”. I usually have to flush twice just to get the job done.
I just did a little search and apparently there's a whole science behind this flush system thingy. I learned that my system is called the “tank system”. Typical 9 liter tank for the water, etc. But mine is the low level one, which, according to "Wikipedia" is the least efficient in terms of the use of energy. Something to do with the potential energy of the water being higher if the tank was near the ceiling. As a result, more water is necessary to effectively push the stuff down the sewage pipes.
Muahaha...like I'd care about that. It's a good thing that I dont pay for my water bills. But hey, I dont have time to think about energy efficiency when I wanna relieve myself! The only energy I want to conserve involves not having to push the flush lever twice when I really only need to push it once! Bah!
Guilty as charged!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home