Sunday, October 24, 2004

...Ashlee Simpson?

Man,
You are not going to believe what I saw tonight. I normally wouldnt take the trouble to write about such an insignificant blip on the radio charts, but after watching SNL tonight, I had to say something.

The girl starts off as a blonde. She starts up her new reality series called the Ashlee Simpson Show. People start talking about how she's Jessica Simpson's little sister and how it's nice that they're both into singing. But of course she wants to be different and not to ride on her sister's "fame".

Too bad, the guise of being a punk rocker instead of the sentimental Light & Easy singer Jessica Simpson is....well, let me put it this way.....she's trying to hard. So she comes up with this totally new image, dying her hair to transform herself into a brunette. Her disguise of being a punk rock chick is just too reminiscent of Avril Lavinge, who seems to be growing out of that phase and showing a little more of her feminine side. Get your own act! The fact of the matter is, if she wanted to be famous and different from her sister, she should have tried acting.

The girl cant sing! Which brings me to what happened on national television tonight. I saw her first live performance early this year which was at some MTV Beach House event. Gosh, she literally croaked. I thought not too much of it because she was still a rookie, but after having a multi-platinum selling album, you've got to be pretty good by now.

Ok, you must be pretty frustrated by now, so I'll just get to what happened on SNL tonight. Ashlee Simpson was supposed to perform live on the show. The band started with the intro and everything seemed to be going on fine. Then suddenly, she looked rather stumped and stopped singing, but I could still hear her voice over the amplifiers. Embarrassed because she got totally busted for lip-syncing, she did a little jig on stage and walked off. Producers immediately took the show to a commercial break.

At the end of the show, when all the performers and guest artists come upstage for a final bow, she apologized and blamed her band for playing the wrong song. But what wrong song? You only made one radio-worthy song and obviously you intended to play it! Crap, first you get busted for totally ripping everyone off by lip-syncing, then you blame your band for playing the wrong song. Woman, your days are numbered.

2 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger K said...

yo Mike. Ashlee Simpson sucks. period. I saw the SNL show too. lol. but she actually did some acting first before singing, in the 7th Heaven series.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Mike Ng said...

Oh really? I didnt know she was did some acting. Well, she should just go to college and get a 9-5 job, IMHO.
Thanks for the comment :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
visitors since 22 Oct 2004